INGLETON PARISH COUNCIL & I.R.C.A
COVID-19 RESPONSE TEAM
NEW FRIENDLY CALL SERVICE
ARE YOU FEELING THE AFFECTS OF SELF-ISOLATION?
WOULD YOU LIKE SOMONE TO HAVE A CHAT WITH OVER THE PHONE?
We have volunteers who will be available at agreed times for you to call
AIM – TO REDUCE THE LONELINESS FELT BY THE ENFORCED PERIOD OF ISOLATION
FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY:
- PLEASE NOTE – THIS WILL BE A PRE-ARRANGED SERVICE.
- OUR LOCAL VOLUNTEERS WILL BE REGISTERED WITH US AND YOU CALL THEM.
- NEVER ACCEPT CALLS OR DISCUSS YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES WITH A STRANGER/COLD-CALLER.
- Calls to be within agreed time slots
- Limit duration of a call to 15-20 minutes
- Volunteers will not give out specialist advice (ie. medical/financial)
- Be respectful and polite during the conversation, as you would to a friend
- This is an ‘on the phone’ service, volunteers would not come to your house to chat
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THIS SERVICE SET UP PLEASE CONTACT:
JAYNE LIS – 015242 41701. Mon-Fri. 8:30-4:30pm